It was at the urging of his librarian, Belle da Costa Greene (1879–1950), that Pierpont Morgan purchased the core of his Islamic collection in 1911 and 1912. Greene had become Morgan’s librarian in 1905 and continued working for his son, J. P. Morgan, Jr., after the senior Morgan’s death in 1913. When the Pierpont Morgan Library was established in 1924, she was named its first director.
Following are some of the images of Quranic Manuscripts from the Morgan Collection
- Qur’anic Manuscripts (8th to 18th Century) (islamic-arts.org)
- Fragments of a 9th Century Quran (islamic-arts.org)